Sunday, January 3, 2010

what's next? =D

Hey, this year has so far begun well! :)
Alhamdulillah! Hopefully the saying that all good things must come to an end does not apply to me. Even if it does, I guess God does His work in mysterious ways. But as of now, I shall enjoy and be grateful to good things that comes in life.. ^_^
Appreciating kindness attract kindness too.




1st January-
Well, I come from a family who doesn't celebrate new year. All the hype and booze and partying aren't really us. But that doesn't keep me from longing to go out and meet with my friends sometimes. I'm just a simple girl after all, always attracted to events and fun and curious with all that shenanegans that comes with them. =p
But to me New Year is like Christmas, or CNY or Deepavali, Esters etc. I don't celebrate them, but that really doesn't stop me from being happy and actually enjoy myself with family and friends.



So far, New Year means watching the fireworks from the idiotbox. Sometimes I get 'live' sound effect too because apparently I live in a neighbourhood who loves to celebrate. Like seriously!
Aidilfitri? Mercun. CNY? Mercun. Deepavali? Mercun. Christmas? Mercun....
New Year? Colourful fireworks and of course! MERCUN! ^_^



My family doesn't go out on New Year's Eve or Day. They don't wanna get caught in mad traffic jam. Places will also be flooded with lots of people like the streets in India and Japan. Mak and abah are especially wary of drunken drivers too. So that kinda explains why we never go to Kl like everyone else for New Year.
But 2010 is indeed different!
Because this time we went to Kl.
But it's for my mom's best friend's daughter's wedding.
Ergh, complicated. In other words, the daughter of her best friend's is getting hitched. Ahha.. :)




And I get to see my parents talking animatedly so with their old friends.
I wonder how I would act if I were at one of my friend's wedding?
The idea is so superbly WILD! ^_^ In a good way.



And on new year's night, my dad had a sort of small reunion with his MCKK friends at Taipan.
It's a super weird sight. Makes me wonder if someday I'll be like that with my friends too..
We stayed like until 2 a.m at Naili's, which is not unusual if I was with member2 lah kan, but I was with Yayang and both my parents. We never stayed out and up so late, but we gave abah a chance to really blast it with his old friends.
Having cold peaches served with ice cream for late supper is super sedap weyh... =)




2nd January-
Guess what? I went to OU with Hany.. ^_^
Isy, tawu x how much I miss all my Kbu friends? I can't help but feel a certain bittersweet sadness whenever I realised how much I've lost contact with some of them.
I dunno if anyone misses me, but I know I miss them. A lot!
I stayed until 3 because I had to leave for Jb at 5..
It was short, but it was very nice to see Hany again and catch up on stuff and shop!





So now I'm hoping for many more good things to come to us all in the future.
Wherever, whenever. ^_^



p/s: I make resolutions every new day. But I always try to strengthen them when new year comes.
I wanna appreciate and be grateful to everyone and everything around me~ ^-^



Au revoir!

2 comments:

NanNaE-naNnA~ said...

ahhahha
u'll be baby-sitting my kids later dendeng!!
hhahahha

i dont wanna know what it'll be like when we're older...
can we still be phone buddies?

natto said...

hahaha.. whos the father nana??
i'd like to see who!!:P


of course we can.. that is, if u havent forgotten abt me alredy. :'(