Saturday, January 23, 2010

long distance everything

Had a talk with my best friend the other day. As always we would talk about what 'will' be. Truth is, we have this conversation everytime my life take a turn for big canges. and everytime, the conversation always feel like one of those in shrink-patient scene.



We agreed that blogging would be a perfect way to let each other know what happens to the other party. (I suck at communicating through a device called telephone and I suck equally at ym-ing or skype-ing).
Actually, I'm just too good at long distance relationship. Pfft.
Really. I could go on not worrying myself if I didn't know what was happening to the 'other person'. Blame it on my optimism. 'Ignorant' really is a harsh word.



Told you I'm good at this huh?
Too good in fact that if anyone didn't know me better, I'd be accused of being a snob,anti-social or that I just couldn't care less.
Yep, I've heard it all before. Tired of making excuses for myself. Sometimes I think what they say is just soo dead-on!




Try convincing someone you that you care for them and that while occasionally you do forget about them and just because you don't call them, it doesn't change the fact that yes, you miss them, and yes, they mean a lot to you.
IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE. =___=
Because that cliche-d line in cheesy romantic movies;
"Just because I don't show it doesn't mean I don't feel it"
doesn't work as easily as it seems........




Which explains why I get a stream of curses thrown at me every single time based on the crime of not picking up the phone first.




If I have a real shrink in front of me, I'd ask him to tell me if it reaally is an ego thing. Maybe it's a rejection thing.
You know,if you don't call them first you wouldn't know if they didn't pick up the phone because they don't want you, or because they're too busy to spare some nanosecond time with you. Either way, not trying seems a lot easier and the plus is you wouldn't know anything about being rejected because you rejected them first.
Phew.





Wow, I don't need a shrink after all! I could do it all by myself.
I should've taken psychiatric indeed what with my phsycho-analysing and shit.





But at least now I know the people who are still in my life are either blood-bound or they really want to be with me despite being rejected. (not I intentionally reject them. it's subconciously). And that they're a lot stronger than I am. Or maybe they're just too annoying to let me off the hook. Hahaha... I'm kidding.
I'm glad you didn't let me go simply because I wouldn't call.
Sometimes the solution is to just call me if you know I wouldn't. :P





No lah.. Seriously, I'll try harder. But if I fail, I hope you won't give up on me.
Because I'm good at long distance everything, remember? :)

No comments: