Saturday, October 10, 2009

a knight in shining Armani

What does a girl wants from a man? Survey from ABS (Apsal Banyak Soal, not Australian Bureau of Statistics) shows that nowadays girls want:

-A Prince Charming
-A Knight in Shining Armour
-A Gentleman from The House Of Lords


Well, if not all three, then at least one of them.


What's not to like about Prince Charming? He's charming (as his name indicates)(name tu kan satu doa), dreamy with his wavy blond hair and piercing blue eyes. A romantic who will treat you like a true princess and whispers sweet nothings in your ear of you being the Queen of his heart. And when he proposes, oh, he proposes grandly, one knee on the rose-petaled floor as he kisses your hand with a royal tenderness.


What about a knight in shining armour? Well, all that hard muscles are so fine that not even his polished undented metal protector that he wears everywhere could hide. He exudes such masculinity and virility that makes a damsel wants to swoon into his sinewy arms. He makes you feel safe as he hold you close because you know you can rely on him to always come to your rescue when you're in distress. With a roguish smile and as he sat with a macho pose on his horse, he will sweep you off your feet onto his equally macho horse. And off the both you, riding into the sunset as the credit "And They Lived Happily Ever After" rolls.


A gentleman will lavish you with care and attention so much, you'll become so sure that you're the only lady he sees in the ballroom. A gentleman is always so smartly dressed with starched cravat, and top hats and overcoats. He will be your protector and will fiercely challenge anyone who dares to taint your reputation.You are besotted by his simple actions of opening the door for you and holding your hand when you cross the street. He respects your womanly senses and always behave ever-so gentlemanly in front of you.


Now, time has changed and in this 21st century, you might ask, "Where on EARTH can I find a prince, a knight, and a gentleman????"



In the present time, the names have changed. You no longer label them with these fancy names, but this prince, knight and gentleman is still out there. Only..now, the prince live in a house like a castle instead of just a 'castle',the knight has traded his horse for a sports car and the gentleman now more commonly known by the name 'Metrosexual'.


But if I ask, will this prince charming always be charming? Will the knight in shining armour always come to your rescue? Will the gentleman, always be the perfect gentleman?
No.
But men nowadays seem to know that these qualities are what women want:



Romantic. Heroic. Sensitive.



So everywhere I go now, I encounter men who try so haaaard to break away from stereotypes.
Which is painful for me to watch.


It pains me upon hearing them trying to impress women by saying that they like watching romantic movies too. And how they cry watching the sad scenes.
It just kills me when they try so hard to be all heroic and started treating me like I'm disabled.
It baffles me that they would overdo grand romantic gestures and totally ignore the simple,most fundamental gestures.



Everywhere I go now, and whenever I start a conversation with the opposite sex,all I would hear is how much he enjoys watching romantic movies. Suddenly, P/S I love You becomes every man's favourite movies. I'm not insinuating that men cannot like this kind of films, but honestly,
claiming that you love P/S I Love You more than Transformers or Saving Private Ryan is just overdoing it man.....



Another thing that's just denting my ego and make me nauseous is when the 'stronger gender' acts all cutesy.
For the record, let me just remind you that while some girls do like their men to be like act cute and fluffy, some girls , DON'T.
My argument is, simple. Fluffy and cute is for stuffed animals.
If I'd wanted someone to put up a cute act in front of me, I would've just bring Rabitto along with me. At least Rabitto is not trying to be cute, because he is NOT pretending to be.
Besides, it's bad for my ego. I mean, you're a guy, you're not supposed to act cuter than I am!


Duh.



Another thing is... Pets. Why pets??? Why??? WHY???
You think because I'm a girl my brain capacity cannot go beyond things that are fluffy and cute?
With the amount of people who wants to give or show me all sorts of pet animals, I am induced to hate things cute AND fluffy.




Me Drama Queen? Yes.
Me Gedik Queen? God YES.
But me, a piece of FLUFF? AT LEAST NOT IN PUBLIC.



It's not wrong. It's not. If there's anyone so out of the norm, that person would be me.
So, what I'm saying is, I don't mind if you're not pretending. I can accept that. So you reaally really truly love romantic comedies? Great! So do I.
So you honestly think you're as cute as teddy bear. Okaaay,unusual but it's alright as long as you don't brag/show that dark side of yours to me alright? I'm allergic to it.
But when a person is trying so hard to impress and start to give us what they think we want,then that's just wrong. Stop posing, posers!



So, now what happens to Prince Melt To The Floor,Handsome Knight and Lord of Hotness?



You see, girls may be attracted with all these qualities you have in you. But, that is, if they are real. What good is it, if you pretend to be someone you're not just to impress someone? They should like you for being you, not who you think they want. If they don't like what you have, it's their loss. But, what I can guarantee is, you would definitely meet someone who would love you just the way you are. Flaws and all. Fluff or not fluff. Jiwang or not jiwang.




Oh yeah.. and one final thing?



I'm smart enough to figure out when someone is fronting.
To carry on and keep pretending to impress me is just really insulting my brain.
Next time, I'll just go along, and take it to the extreme...



I'll give you the list of romantic movies I love and I'll gush to you about all the mushy scenes I soooo, totally adore. *bat eyelash*.
And I will say in a very high-pitched of "AWWWW,THAT IS SOOOO CUTEE~ age ge ge~ age ge ge~" whenever you show even a hint of fluff.


fluff.


fluff.



Nightmare. Huh. BE a man. *Mimicking Russel Peters*

4 comments:

.::annemishi::. said...

HAHAHAHAH....

a guy who's trying to act cute.. IS NOT CUTE at all... geli aku. euuuuuwww..
n being manja2..tell me a story to gain my empathy..n wutsoever.. bla3. sometimes. they over-do it. hello.. kesian tuh kesian jugak la. tpi.. DONT exaggerate it laaaah... it makes u look worser. x kesian.

ok la nad.. gagah perkasa is my man. but not in terms of having 6 packs. but his mental, of coz.

ish... nad.. kita mmg sehati sejiwa.. T.T girls know best.

Nadon said...

All men need to know is they need to be themselves and the right girl will love them for who they are. :D kan2?

PS- tp nad, ak ske ja laki yg minat movie jiwang2. Ngahaha.

Song said...

the part you talk about guys who said they cried when they're watching sentimental movies reminded me of Mr. Dumbo....haha
Can't imagine you acting cute....
(geli~~)

asma hani shaiful anwar said...

haha..song i agree with you ;p

nad i dh confius now..haha
brape byk guys dah you jumpe ni?

i'm still waiting for my prince charming..hahaha ;p