Saturday, June 20, 2009

warming up.poems.

My eyes are too big,
with lashes spread like fan across my apple cheeks.
My eyes they see, through a rose-coloured glasses.
I am easily deceived.
I am easily deceived.


I am an ingenue, I am naive
My mind untainted,
my opinions unsculpted,
my ideas unmoulded,
my thoughts raw ,
my imaginations aren't restricted by possibilities and liabilities.
I am not wise.
But I beg of you,
To not educate me.


I refuse to conform to the norm,
I refuse to become what everyone else has become.
A monotone of a symphony.


If you are to teach me,
then teach me to be who I am.
Not who or what you want me to become.
If I am in a cocoon,
then release me so that I might transform into a butterfly,
If I am in the darkness,
then shine on me some light so that I become visible to myself,
and to everyone around.
And if I am confined in a room,
don't give me the lock, don't tell me a secret passageway where I can find.
Wait and watch for me to unprison myself.


I am a diamond,
burn me with hot flames,
cut me with hard,cold ice
and gloss me until I shine.

No comments: