Thursday, August 13, 2009

an american crime





So I watched this movie this other day. Another late night movie with my roomate. How romantic it would be if only my roomate was not a girl and we were watching perhaps something romantic like The Notebook or whatever instead of watching something scary.



I'm not talking about horror movies. They don't scare shit. I mean it! I mean, I watch Quarantine and Saw and could still laugh my head off at the psychoness of it. (Yeah, tough gal!)

(Bajet arrr...)

Naw, what my roomate and I watch the other day, was something more than just some people screaming because of some weird zombies or Ju-on chasing them.




Violence and abuses are more horrifying don't you think?

I think they are. Especially more so because they are committed by human beings. This is my personal opinion: I think human beings are the most beautiful and special creation on this planet, but they can also be so terrifying.




How can a person who feels pain, shame, sadness inflict the same terrible actions on another human being?




It makes me sad just thinking about how many people was unpunished for the sordid crime they convicted. Makes me angry thinking of the unfairness of this world. Of little children's fate who were sexually abused, physically harmed, emotionally raped, forever tarnished. It's enraging it is.




Why can't the world be as beautiful as seen from an innocent little 5-year old's eyes?

What foolish notion I have. Stupid stupid stupid me.

I once heard this, but I honestly can't remember from where. But it says:





"Where there is light, there will be shadows."




I suppose if somewhere in the corner in this world where nothing but love matters, where truth is King, and peace is sacred, then there would also be a place where hatred harbors, where corruption and lies conquer and violence is majestic.




*sigh*

I feel old.






Try to watch this movie if you can. It's quite heart-wrenching and tragic. Based on a true story.


2 comments:

| c o r v u s | said...

saw and quarantine thriller aa
haha

"Try to watch this movie if you can. It's quite hear-wrentching and tragic. Based on a true story."
-mcm ayat tergantung jer. movie ape??

Indera said...

"Where there is light, there will be shadows."

Ayat DC villains menentang watak superheroes.. kalau takde penjahat, takdela superhero..