Friday, January 9, 2009

19 years of self-searching

year 2009.


everyone has their own demons and insecurities.
well, i am not exempted from those too.

i am a person, in a journey of finding my true self.
sometimes i wish i could be someone else, a better person.
i wish i was smarter, i wish i was more talented.
i wish i could carry better conversation,
but sometimes i wish to have a quieter demeanor.
how i wish i was courageous enough to speak up my mind whenever and wherever,
only to wish i had better kept my opinion to myself later.
i wish i was more ladylike, but i had always been envious of boys for they are not restricted by propriety as much as girls are.
i also wish i was stronger and wiser.
but then i realise something..
we humans are never satisfied and grateful for what we have.
we always seek to be more special, more of something of anything and everything.
even if we have had everything in the world, we would have nothing if we were uncapable of loving ourselves.
i realise that acceptance and love is more important above all else.
"I decided long ago,
never to walk in anyone's shadow,
if i failed, if i succeed,
at least i'll live as i believe,
and no matter what they take away from me
they can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all is happening to me."
"I've found the greatest love of all inside of me,
The greatest love of all is easy to achieve,
Learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all.."
Funny how a lonely day can make a person say:
What good is my life?
Funny how a breaking heart, can make me start to say:
What good is my life?
Funny how i often seem,to think i'll never found another dream
In my life
Till i look around and see, this great big world is a part of me
And my life
This is my life
Today,tomorrow,love will come and find me
But that's the way that i was born to be
This is me
This is me
This is my life
I don't give a damn for lost emotions
I've such a lot of love to give
Let me live
Let me live
Sometimes when i feel afraid
I think of all the mess i've made
Of my life
Crying over my mistakes, forgetting all the breaks i've had
In my life
I was put on earth to be, a part of this great world is me
And my life
Guess i'll just add up the score
and count the things I'm grateful for
In my life
Today,tommorow, love will come and find me
But that's the way that i was born to be
This is me
This is me
~shirley bassey~

No comments: