Friday, August 8, 2008

books are my drugs.

i love books. really.
novels or fictions specifically. i don't read factual stuff much, i found it a bit too much to stomach. after all, i read in free time, when i'm feeling oh-so lazy to do anything else, and when the bed looks so inviting, yet the mood to sleep does not come......

after about 2 years of reading romance novels only and teen fiction, i am seriously considering of trying other kinds of books. a thriller maybe, like darren shan. i think darren shan was the only teen thriller book i'd ever read. but darren shan was very,VERY different from other teen fictions. if any of you havent read the book, you'd better.
seriously. i'm not joking. *wink wink* (inside joke, sorry!!)
the book doesn't use bombastic words, it's simple english, really.
but somehow, the author manage to convey the characters' feelings very clearly,
and there are hidden messages in every sentences he delivered.
i can still remember very vividly how i cried (literally) and screamed in frusration when a highly tense situation came up in the book!!!
it's harry potter all over again!!!!

my friends always tell me how i get all emo over some stupid book. BUT that's exactly the point! it's not just some stupid book!!
dare to argue with me?
well, eveidence A, read harry potter. and then you tell me if you don't feel what i feel when i read hp!

hmm... what else then?
right. i've been looking forward to read some of jodi picoult's books. but i havent come round to that.....
malas-ness syndrome. I KNOW.
nak bace buku cite pun malas... eeee...
bad, bad habit of mine. :p
i borrowed my sister's keeper from my cousin,(she lurrvvves piccoult!) but still i havent read it yet. (i think it was last year,some time in july maaaaybe.thought i'd read it after spm but YET!.....)

alright already! i promise i'll read it after i've read the books my cousin gave me for my birthday!!!

oh,yeah, they gave me books for my birthday!!! luv them!
the books are marshmallow for breakfast by Dorothy Koomson and three cups of tea by Greg Mortenson.
the latter is a true story i think. aaaaarghh~~~~ i cant wait to read them!!!!
here i come bebeyh!! wait for me yea!
cuz rite now i'm reading twilight by Stephenie Meyer.
i know, i know, yet another teen fiction.
watever.
but! i read that after i'd finished blood of flower by Anita Amirrezvani. which is still a fiction, but not a teenage fiction... if i could justify myself by mentioning that... :p

and i think after this i'm going to buy the second book of the twilight saga,
new moon, eclipse, and, oh, breaking dawn has just been released!!!
happy happy happy~~~!!! ^^
and maybe my best friend's girl, also by Dorothy Koomson.
:)

i'm a book junkie. :))
and bookstores are my heaven.

p/s: in case you're wondering, i do study academic books okay. just not as often as i read novels. and i guess that'll get me into hot soup. but we'll come to that later. (i'm optimistic, i know!) *wink*
or stupid.














1 comment:

tiaazmi said...

naddy!! u ade buku The Kite Runner x?? nak pinjam!!! ya la..i'm mad with books too..bulan lepas je dah 3 novels abes bce..kebosanan!!